Cenderos concretize their mission by carrying out the following programs:
Program of Incidence and Human Rights:
- Aims at achieving binational and local public politics that incorporate the migrant population’s necessities with a vision of gender equality and generational equality, reinforcing the strategical alliances of Cenderos.
- Monitoring, protection of migrant worker’s, children’s and adolescent’s rights in the areas of human rights, labor rights, economic and sociocultural rights.
Prevention against and Intervention on Gender-Based Violence against Women in the Communities of Alajuelita and Upala:
- Aims at developing integral acts of prevention against male violence and institutional violence towards migrant women.
Institutional Strengthening, Communication and Fundraising:
- Aims at achieving Cenderos’ financial and organizational sustainability, promoting Cenderos’ communication with their target population as well as with the national and international community working for the ensurance of the migrant population’s rights.
- Aims at promoting an integral plan of sustainable development of the trans-border community (Upala, Guatuzo, Los Chiles, Micro Region V) that attends the population’s basic necessities.
- Organization and protection of trans-border worker’s labor rights (mainly agroindustrial workers).
Areas where Cenderos works:
- Micro Región V Costa Sur del Lago de Nicaragua
- Bajos de Tejares (San Ramón de Alajuela)
- Cantón Central de San José
- Los Guidos de Desamparados